Local Leaders of Education (LLEs)
The goal of the local leaders of education is to increase the leadership capacity of other schools to help raise standards. This is one part of the government’s plan to give schools a central role in developing a self-improving and sustainable school-led system.
The majority of the work of a local leader of education is one-to-one support of another headteacher.
Typical activities include:
- negotiating objectives for improvement
- coaching and mentoring the headteacher to develop skills, judgement and professional effectiveness
- supporting or arranging coaching or training for staff in the supported school
New dates for the Autumn Term Training Programme are:
- Thursday 27th September 2018
- Thursday 18th October 2018
- Thursday 29th November 2018